Sunday, May 12, 2013

Beginnings

I created this blog for partial fulfillment for a MLIS 7505 Applied Technology class. I work at the University of North Georgia's Library as the Supervisor for Nights and Weekends for Access Services. I also manage its Special Collections and Archives.

I'm 27 and grew up during the digital age. I remember having my first Myspace and remember when it was it replaced by Facebook. Since Facebook, I haven't kept up to date with many of the newest social media and Web 2.0 technologies. However, I did create and now update the University of North Georgia's Special Collections and Archives Facebook page, which I need to find how to create more of a following. In this class, I expect to learn more about how to expand the digital footprint of my library and utilize more of their features to create content. So far I've learned about Twitter, which I have been reluctant to learn in the past, and see much of the appeal and use of it after a short time working with it.    

2 comments:

  1. I agree about seeing how twitter could be useful. Isn't it amazing what a little perspective can do? However, I don't know if I will be using twitter after this class. It takes a lot of time and determination to follow people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a personal twitter account, but never found myself using it because it was too confusing with all the @ and #. Now that I have to use I am seeing the appeal as well. Plus with tweetdeck and other integrated apps it would be easy to maintain a facebook and twitter.

    ReplyDelete